Title: Principle Group Program Manager or Group Program Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Beijing, China
Our website is one of the world largest corporate web sites and one of the top largest sites of any kind on the planet traffic wise. It is the digital marketing platform for our company and serves a critical role to support our company's key product launch and enable us to compete and win with consumers. Part of our global engineering team, our engineering China team own end-2-end global engineering deliverable for Search, Mobile and Download Center. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader with in depth technical/engineering leadership and seasoned organization skills to lead and manage our engineering China team and continue evolving our strategy/charter/success in China to next level. If you are experienced in large scale web platform development, self-motivated, passionate about new technology, capable of managing , navigating and adapting to changes while keeping team well focused in deliverables, skillful in managing large development team cross disciplines, strategic and insightful in attracting/retaining/growing talents throughout people management life cycle, and looking for making global impact by exercising global leadership, this is a job for you.
· Partner and work with our global leadership in defining/implementing/evolving our strategy/charter in China to support our global success
· Provide overall both engineering and organization leadership to our engineering China teams and represent China in our global leadership team
· Own and manage our China budget through entire process from planning to execution
· Lead teams through changes with minimal impact on morale and efficiency, ensures plan is aligned to company/customer strategy, and ensures cross-functional teams take ownership in execution.
· Implements effective hiring process (targeted selection interviewing methods, consistent and repeatable processes) across group, which results in high-quality hires.
· Responsible for effective relationship management with vendor companies and ensuring that vendor resources are optimized to meet the business need.
· Serves as the ambassador for our website in China, working with our local IT management as necessary for region-specific issues. Is part of our IT-China Engineering leadership team in driving our IT-China forward.
· Ensures output for the team consistently meets or exceeds standards for quality, security, scalability, reliability, and customer value.
· Follows and enforces our software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology that leverages adhere to our global engineering process/practice/standard etc
· Demonstrates strong leadership, composure in crises, and awareness of how his/her behavior affects the team.
· Prioritizes resource needs for the group and executes against prioritized requirements.
· Analyzes and prevents obstacles for the group.
· Ensures accountability across the group.
· Uses appropriate decision-making techniques to help ensure effective decisions.
· Ensures that the group is appropriately aligned with other teams to achieve results.
· Ensures that an appropriate organization is in place and that resources are optimized for success.
· Defines performance standards for the group.
· Conducts effective performance reviews of all team members and managers.
· Establishes succession plans for top talent, including his/her own successor.
· Coaches and motivates managers.
· Develops a clear and transparent plan for the group and makes commitments that are aligned to our website strategy.
· BS/BA (MBA desirable) in computer science, engineering, business management or technical area (or equivalent).
· Minimum of 8 – 10 years experience in a combination of product development or IT with successful delivery of enterprise systems, project management in a technical environment, technical design or process analysis. Large web application/platform development experience is preferred
· Minimum of 5 years proven people management experience, cross discipline preferred
· Fluent verbal and written language skills in both Mandarin Chinese and US English.
· A proven track record of effectively leading, motivating, and further developing the potential of technical resources.
· Proven leadership, people management, planning and organization skills in an environment with multiple, simultaneous, high complexity, high value, big budget initiatives.
· Proven budgeting/financial management experience.
· The experience and ability to manage projects, teams and budgets within a large global delivery model.
· Skillful at effectively prioritizing scarce resources, understanding compliance, our IT policies & guidelines, including security, privacy, SOX, our IT SDLC and offshore strategy with practical experience in understanding of customer needs across multiple customer segments.
· A proven track record in increasing quality/timeliness of deliverables while reducing unit cost and at the same time constantly driving for results.
· Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in relationship building cross-group and externally.
· Resource capacity planning experience.
· Proven ability to influence others and negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
· Travel required: Up to 20%.