Title: Vice President of Engineering
Type: Full Time
Location: Shanghai, Suzhou or Shenzhen, China
A China based world leading engineering services is currently seeking a Vice President of Engineering. The VP of Engineering will successfully lead and coordinate the daily activities as well as provide an advantaged product that can be effectively scaled to provide outside market opportunities.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• To plan, develop and maintain design and advanced engineering organizations necessary to develop product designs and manufacturing approaches.
• To implement technological innovation in the context of a companywide innovation strategy.
• To work with the CEO to develop global coordination strategies and plans to strengthen commercial engineering core competencies.
• To work with the cross function team to deliver the design to meet the customer needs within the schedule and budget.
• To drive the design productivity improvement by standardizing design processes, tools, and design practices and build up a common platform.
• To lead and direct an engineering organization with both sustaining and development capabilities to support current and future business needs.
• To lead engineering staff to effectively deal with customers, suppliers and partners on technical and engineering issues and provide guidance.
• To contribute to corporate strategic development from engineering and operations perspective.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• MSEE or equal education, MBA a plus
• Excellent written and oral communicator in English and Mandarin, familiar with both Chinese and Western culture.
• Ability to manage a global fast growing engineering testing products development.
• Previous engineering background in testing or electronics product development service within a testing house or OEM/EMS.
• International business exposure and awareness, global and strategic thinking.
• Strong skills in managing people and solving complicated problems.
15 years or more with at least 10 years progressive advancement within R&D or engineering, at least 5 years as Director of Engineering or R&D or higher within similar industry.