• Job Title: Senior Automation Engineer / Project Manager
• Job Industry: Testing Equipment and Manufacturing Equipment in Automotive, Consumer Product, Bio-medical, Consumer Electronics and Healthcare Industries
• Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Compensation: competitive, with great career growth potential
• Language requirement: Proficient in either English or Chinese, good communication skills
• Welcome applicants anywhere in the US to apply, relocation package will be provided if needed!
A fast growing China company is opening its lab/office in San Francisco Bay Area to better serve its A customer and expanding its business in the US. We need an expert in Testing Equipment and another expert in Manufacturing Equipment in Automotive, Consumer Product, Bio-medical, Consumer Electronics and Healthcare Industries.
Note: This job description includes qualifications for both Testing Equipment and Manufacturing Equipment.
Manage Automation (automated assembly and test equipment) Projects from design through manufacturing and integration in the Automotive, Consumer Product, Bio-medical, Consumer Electronics and Healthcare Industries. The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for managing projects within budget and within the project’s timeline.
Required Skills and Experiences:
• Managing projects within budget and time constraints;
• Strong negotiating skills;
• Ability to balance competing interests such as, customer and corporate goals;
• Outgoing with the ability to resolve issues and manage tasks to completion;
• Ability to identify and manage areas of risk in customer’s documentation/specifications;
• 3D SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD experience;
• Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel & Project;
• Ability to check and understand mechanical drawings and recognize sound mechanical design;
• 5 years Mechanical Design Engineer experience;
• 5 additional years Project Management experience will be a plus;
• Strong work ethic (50 hour weeks);
• Intermittent travel to customers’ sites when needed;
• Types of Automation Platforms experience should include: Synchronous Rotary/Linear
Indexers, Servo Linear/Rotary Indexers & Motors, Cartesian, Gantry, Articulating and SCARA
Robots, Power & Free Conveyor Systems, Pneumatic & Servo Pick & Places;
• Types of Component Presentation experience should include: Vibratory & Centrifugal Bowl
Feeders, Step & Magazine Feeders, Tape/Reel Feed Systems, Tray Feeding, Mechanical
Escapements, Vision Guided Flexible Feeders;
• Types of Automation Technologies experience should include: Fastening, Dispensing,
Assembly, Marking, Testing & Vision;
• Ability to Lead and work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Electricians,
and Toolmakers during all project phases;
• Ability to concept, write, and quote change order requests;
• Ability to write or assist with the writing of machine manuals;
• Ability to write periodic customer & corporate reports;
• Ability to Lead Debug, Run-off, Installation, training, and startup efforts at customer’s site;
• Additional Skills a plus: tool-making, die design, electrical, automotive, & etc.
• Chinese mandarin skills a big advantage.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechanical/ Electro Engineering,
Automation Engineering, Process Engineering or related fields.
- Please read the job description and follow the instructions on How to Apply for a Job first;
- Then email your resume with requested info to: MichelleYouBiz@gmail.com.