Title: Sr. Staff or Principal Software Engineer or Teach Lead (WiFi Driver, Linux, MAC)
Note: the exact title is subject to change base on the candidate's background and capacity
Type: Full Time
Industry: WiFi System (High End WiFi Routers, etc.)
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Language: Excellent communication skills in English (No Bilingual requirement)
Function: a team leader or an individual contributor depending on task assignments
It is a start-up backed by a large company, you would enjoy the best parts of the two worlds: fast growing company, career advancement, potential IPO; and well-established open culture, technical oriented, great financial & human resources, but much less risk than other start-ups.
Its primary purpose is to spearhead product research and development, software and hardware design, product testing, evaluation, and more to further increase quality and decrease time to market.
We are looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Sr. Staff or Principal level software engineer to join our growing team in Silicon Valley. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for developing and debugging 802.11 series WiFi MAC and protocols.
The ideal candidates are seasoned engineers with a strong background in Linux device driver or kernel development and WLAN MAC protocols. We offer a great environment to get exposed to a wide range of technologies.
• Design and develop incremental WiFi driver features based on existing code infrastructure.
• Enhance or tune WiFi performance and resolve critical bugs.
• Partner with application and cloud software developers on the team to architect, design and implement service APIs or communication protocols.
• Estimate development efforts based on project requirements.
• Monitor and track the project progress to ensure on-time delivery in accordance with set schedule.
• Work as either a team leader or an individual contributor depending on task assignments.
• 8+ years of strong C development experience on embedded Linux system.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in CS/EE (or equivalent qualification).
• In-depth understanding of 802.11 series protocols including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MAC protocols, 802.11i wireless security, 802.11e QoS, etc.
• Hands-on experience with WiFi drivers from commercial chipset vendors such as Qualcomm Atheros, Broadcom, Marvell, etc.
• Hands-on experience with Linux device drivers and TCP/IP networking protocols.
• Strong systematic problem solving and analytical skills.
• Solid understanding of Agile, Iterative and Incremental development methodologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• WiFi performance tuning experience (Kernel, WiFi driver, or RF).
• Familiar with one or many popular CPU processors, such as ARM, MIPS, etc.
- Please read the job description and follow the instructions on How to Apply for a Job first;
- Then email your resume with requested info to: MichelleYouBiz@gmail.com.