Title: VP of Manufacturing
Type: Full Time
Speaking Language: English
Salary: 150K+, DOE
US Citizenship/Green Card: required
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Travel: as needed
The Vice President, Manufacturing is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the company. Assists the CEO in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of company, the Vice President, Manufacturing provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
• Build a strong, cohesive operations team that will collaborate with global sourcing, quality, engineering, legal, sales & marketing, finance, and human resources.
• Collaborate with the executive leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a green technology organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Bottom Line: Build a great company.
• Partner with fellow leadership team members to drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team. Provide mentoring as a cornerstone to leadership career development.
• Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
• Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Business or Technical field. Master's degree and/or advanced credentials preferred.
• Must have experience managing production, quality, and manufacturing engineering.
• Must have automotive industry experience.
• Must have start-up company experience.
• Charismatic, professional, proactive leader, manager and business partner capable of leading the change process. A leader comfortable at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to drive down costs and identify opportunities to increase profit at the plant level.
Ideal personal characteristics include:
• Intellectual horsepower and curiosity with strong leadership skills and a proven track record of leading by example.
• Entrepreneurial attitude and mindset combined with the appropriate process orientation and focus.
• Demonstrated ability to lead organizations and blend together diverse skill sets.
• Adaptable and resilient with the ability to successfully deal with and sort through ambiguity, as well as, embrace change.
• Ability to work under high pressure and ability to make decisions.
• Ability to communicate well with all levels of diverse constituencies and stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Ability to “get” talent with a proven track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent.
• Ability to positively impact and influence the organization through an authoritative voice and in an open, supportive, and interactive style.
• Ability to be passionate and focused, but still have fun and deliver results.
• Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and accountability. Willingness to roll-up one’s sleeves and be hands-on when required.
• Impeccable ethics and integrity that are required to build both internal and external credibility.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally from time to time.