Title: Catheter Manufacturing/Development Supervisor or Consultant
Type: Full Time Permanent or Part-time Consultant or Contract
Location: Base in China or Work Abroad Remotely with Travel to China
Travel: Flexible to travel as needed if working as a consultant
• Lead catheter development group within R&D department and report to R&D manager or directly to VP of New Product Development, depends on its seniority.
• Plans for catheter development, technology improvement and equipment purchasing according to the need of new products, cost reduction and ongoing projects, and lead the team to execute the plan.
• Design, manufacturing and process development of single lumen, multi-lumen extrusion and braid/coil reinforced catheters using PP, PE, PEBAX, NYLON, PU (etc.) and stainless steel braids/coils.
• Performance evaluation for catheters.
• Draft documents such as performance standards, validation protocols/reports related to catheter production and extrusion process.
• Communicate and coordinate with suppliers on material and equipment.
• Equipment specification and other consumable items associated with catheter production line.
• Training staff in catheter development group and catheter operation personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree in polymer engineering or related fields.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in design, production, and extrusion process development and design/manufacturing of precision catheters; medical catheter experience preferred.
• Proficient in polymer materials, compounding process and catheters.
• Proficient in AUTOCAD, Solidworks or other common CAD software; proficient in technical report writing, analysis and problem solving skills.
• Bilingual in English/Chinese is preferred but not necessary.