Title: Product Development Manager (Networking Devices)
Type: Full Time
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Language: Bilingual in English/Mandarin Chinese is preferred but not required
Report: Directly to Vice President (great potential for career advancement)
We are a leading global provider of networking devices for SOHO users and small to medium-sized business and WLAN products that committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management that results in award-winning networking products in Wireless, ADSL, Routers, Switches, IP Cameras, Power-line Adapters, Print Servers, Media Converters and Network Adapters for global end-users.
We are a subsidiary of a large company with a start-up atmosphere in the Silicon Valley where you could enjoy the best parts of a start-up and a large company. We believe in making a difference collaboratively and have been keen at sharing back with our employees.
We are looking for a Networking Devices Development Manager who can manage and direct the development and research programs to meet organizational needs. This role will be based in the Silicon Valley, manage and build the Software & Hardware Development Team in the Silicon Valley, and collaborate with R&D team in China frequently.
The ideal person will be a manager and contributor who has an excellent understanding of networking technology and the current related trends, hands-on experience in software & hardware development for networking devices, and building and leading a development team.
• Manage and direct all aspects of product development and research programs.
• Develop and implement research and development procedures and techniques from initial concept to final development.
• Lead the Software & Hardware Development Team for networking products.
• Build the future Development Team to ensure milestones are met.
• Ensure all development projects are completed timely and accurately.
• 10+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in Development for networking devices.
• 5+ years of management of Software and Hardware Development teams.
• Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Degree with solid hands-on experience and management skills
• Advanced understanding of Network Protocols Stack like TCP/IP, 802.11 WiFi Stack.
• Hands-on experience in development with ability to debug protocols stack.
• Development experience in MIPS or ARM Structure.
• Highly capable in Embedded System Development.
• Ability to design the System Architecture under Linux or Unix.
• WiFi Alliance Certification and FCC knowledge, hands-on experience is preferred.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin with good communication skills verbal and written.
• Android system experience for consumer and networking devices.
• Hardware and RF experience for networking devices.