Why can’t you get a job interview in this hot job market?
|Follow Us Now for Free Career Advice for You|
📜 Table of Contents
- Is it a good time to look for a new job now?
- Why can't I get a job interview in this hot job market?
- Five common reasons why you can't get a job interview in a hot job market
- What have changed in today's job market?
- What are the hot jobs now?
- How to get the job you want or even compete for a hot job?
- How to search and apply for a job?
- Follow Us for More Job Insights and Free Career Advice
Is it a good time to find a new job now?
Why can't I get a job interview in this hot job market?
But other than an automatic response for acknowledging receiving his job application, nobody has contacted him while he was waiting confidently but anxiously for his interview. A few weeks has passed but still nothing. He went back online to check the job posting again. Suddenly, he noticed that he has overlooked the instructions about how to apply for this job at the bottom of the long job description. The hiring manager has asked each job applicant to send a cover letter along with the resume with the reasons why he/she is a good candidate for the job.
Five common reasons why you can't get a job interview in a hot job market
The first reason why he didn't get a job interview was that he has underestimated the competition in the job market for his dream job. He got a little too cocky because he thought that it would be a piece of cake for him to find a job in this hot job market. The second reason was that he did not understand how important a job description is. Once he read the job requirements section of the job description and thought it looked like a job that fits his background, he was pretty much done his reading. He just browsed through the rest of the job description and didn’t pay much attention to other details, including the important instruction on how to apply for the job at the bottom of the job description. He didn't even think about customizing resume for the job he applied for, and he made a mistake and didn't submit the required cover letter with his resume.
It maybe not hard for John Doe to find a job as a software engineer at a tech company in this hot job market in the US now with his tech experience and skills. He probably already got a couple job offers if he just wanted to switch to another tech job as a software engineer that is similar to his current job and get a raise at his new job. But, he wanted more than that. He was looking for his dream job that is also a great job opportunity for other professionals. Even in this hot job market, competition for such highly desired tech jobs or other jobs at tech companies are still very keen. If you found a perfect job in tech for yourself, most likely, many other job seekers are also going after the same job opportunity.
- The job seekers underestimated the competition for the job they were applying for;
- The job applicants did not understand how important the job description was for the job they applied for;
- The job applicant did not know how to read a job description;
- The job applicant did not follow the instructions on the JD and/or made avoidable mistakes;
- The job applicant did not customize their resumes for the job they applied for.
What have changed in today's job market?
What are the hot jobs now?
How to get the job you want or even compete for a hot job?
How to search and apply for a job?
SEARCH THIS BLOG