• Job Title: Solutions Architect
• Job Industry: IT / Software Development for Hospitality and Gaming industries
• Job Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
• US Citizenship Required: Yes
• H1B sponsorship: No
• Relocation Assistance: No
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Compensation: excellent compensation and benefits package
• Bilingual Requirement: No, only English is required
• Travel Requirement: about 50%
• Flexible hours: Yes
The Solution Architect (SA) is a senior level position that leverages data warehouse technical knowledge to promote sales of data warehouse solutions within the Hospitality and Gaming industries.
The SA has broad knowledge of the data warehouse space with expert knowledge of Teradata products and their business application. The SA articulates data warehouse architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting to support sales and Professional Services (PS) activities. The SA establishes or enhances mid-level customer relationships, provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target application opportunities within our accounts. The SA will be expected to deliver high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services. In addition, the SA plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers
A Solution Architect in Professional Services provides direct and substantial support of the team’s revenue and margin objectives by:
• Participating in the development and execution of winning sales strategies.
• Assisting with account qualification utilizing knowledge of industry solutions, data models & data volumes for the various types of opportunities and applying this knowledge to determine applicability of Teradata’s offerings.
• Contributing to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities.
• Demonstrating ability to relate business problems to the underlying data and the ability of Data Warehouse technology to solve the business problems.
• Designing, leading and executing winning competitive database benchmarks.
• Work with the Sales Team to propose technical solutions to meet client needs. Present to client on the technical aspects of the proposed solution. Create estimates to be used in the sales pursuit.
• Work directly with clients to gather requirements for the purpose of creating design documents. Write functional specifications and technical designs. Design solutions across multiple marketing products. Perform reviews of functional specifications, technical designs, and code.
• Understanding, documenting and articulating the customer’s current data warehouse/data mart architecture. This includes a complete inventory of the customer’s data warehouses and datamarts as well as their respective business functions.
• Manage the technical work streams of an implementation, assigning work, tracking progress and managing to a timeline and budget.
• Understanding competitive products such as Oracle, IBM, Netezza, HP, etc
• Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of business problems of industry customers.
• Articulating Teradata’s solutions to the business using Teradata RDBMS, Teradata Financial Management, Teradata Master Data Management, Teradata CRM, Data Mart consolidation, Active Data Warehouse, Dual Active and related solution offerings.
• Being a trusted advisor to the customer’s decision-makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology/architecture, marketing analysis and automation systems, customer profitability solutions, and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings.
• Timely, accurate administration & reporting (PSA, expenses, forecasts, etc.)
• Contributing Knowledge Assets to the Teradata Knowledge Management System.
Basic Qualifications: Candidates should meet the following qualifications and requirements:
• Five years or more of operational or technical RDBMS experience in data warehouse implementation
• Client interface and consulting skills required
• Industry experience highly desirable
• Teradata technical experience highly desirable
• Proven capabilities in relational database technology in the application development environment (e.g. Teradata, DB2, Oracle or other similar environments) and operational knowledge of Reporting and Analysis and data integration tools (Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SAS, Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage, and others)
• Solid understanding of current data warehousing topics
• BA or BS in Business or Computer Science (MBA or MS is preferable)
• BA or BS in Business or Computer Science.
Skills & Attributes:
The position requires a number of specific skills, including:
Strong business and/or technical analysis background
Experience in consulting with senior-level executives
Expert knowledge of Teradata products including SQL
Experience in working with industry customers and target accounts.
• Knowledge of future trends/changes in target industries and the ability to articulate these to customers
• Knowledge and experience with building Data Warehouses and Data Marts from a technical perspective
• Knowledge and understanding of “Logical Data Sources” and/or domain knowledge in industry-specific subject areas.
• Consulting & Consultative Selling
• Resource Management/Scheduling and Project Management
• Proposal Development and Service Offering Scoping/Project Definition
• Benchmark design, development and execution
• Relationship Building
• Strategic Planning and Thinking
• Public Speaking & Meeting Facilitation
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Client interface and consulting skills required
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Please read the job description and follow the instructions on How to Apply for a Job first;
- Then email your resume with requested info to: MichelleYouBiz@gmail.com.