Title: R&D Manager for Hardware & Software Teams
Type: Full Time
Location: Silicon Valley, California
Language: Bilingual in English/Mandarin (required)
We are a leading global provider for networking products for small to medium-sized business and WLAN products that committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management that results in award-winning networking products in Wireless, ADSL, Routers, Switches, IP Cameras, Powerline Adapters, Print Servers, Media Converters and Network Adapters for global end-users.
We are a large company but have a start-up atmosphere at our subsidiary in the Silicon Valley where you're going to work. We believe in making a difference collaboratively and have been keen at sharing back with our employees.
We are looking for a R&D Manager (must be bilingual in English/Mandarin) to manage and direct the R&D programs to meet organizational needs. This role will be based in USA and manage the Hardware and Software Development Teams in the Silicon Valley and China. The ideal person will be a hands-on contributor who has an excellent understanding of networking technology and the current related trends.
• Manages and directs all aspects of research and development programs.
• Develops and implements research and development procedures and techniques from initial concept to final development.
• Lead the Hardware and Software Development Team for networking products.
• Build the future Development Team to ensure milestones are met.
• Ensure all development projects are completed timely and accurately.
• Bilingual in English and Mandarin with good communication skills verbal and written.
• 10+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in Development for networking devices.
• 5+ years of management of Software and Hardware Development teams.
• Master Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
• Advanced understanding of Network Protocols Stack like TCP/IP, 802.11 WiFi Stack.
• Hands on developer with ability to debug protocols stack.
• Development experience in MIPS or ARM Structure.
• Highly capable in Embedded System Development.
• Ability to design the System Architecture under Linux.
• WiFi Alliance Certification and FCC experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Android system experience for consumer and networking devices is preferred.
• Hardware and RF experience for networking devices if preferred.