• Job Title: Regional Accounting Manager (North American)
• Hiring Company: A US Based Public Company with Global Operations
• Job Industry: Accounting/Auditing
• Job Location: East Bay, California, USA
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Experience: 6+ years, CPA/CMA Preferred
• Education: Bachelor's Degree
A leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products is hiring an Accounting Manager for its North America Operations Group. This position will lead accounting close processes, provide future process improvements, reporting, strategic business decisions with strong leadership and influencing skills with other business partners in the US.
• Lead execution of monthly and quarterly close processes for domestic business units, including account reconciliations
• Lead Glad JV reporting process
• Manage direct reports (2), set strategic objectives, develop staff, provide day-to-day support for staff, and drive toward "world class" results
• Provide technical support (US GAAP accounting guidance) to business unit partners including the SBUs and the Demand Fulfillment Finance organization.
• Participate on accounting "center of expertise" team performing research, updating policy, and analyzing emerging pronouncements
• Provide support to internal and external audit activities including preparation and review of audit schedules. - 5%
• Other ad hoc requests
• Minimum six years of total relevant professional accounting experience. Prefer solid mix of public accounting and private industry experience.
• Supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of US GAAP and how to apply it efficiently.
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in English
• Lead and develop the NA Ops accounting team to understand the business and drive process improvements and efficiency.
• Coach and motivate staff on personal and career development opportunities
• Maintain effective working relationships with business unit personnel, cross-functional partners, internal audit group, and external auditors
• Work effectively with US group on all accounting, reporting, systems, process, and internal control matters.
• Maintain strong ties within the Finance organization
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. SAP or ERP systems experience preferred.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
• Certified Public Accounting (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation a plus