• Job Title: Network Architect
• Job Industry: Information Technology Function in Global Finance Industry
• Job Location: New York, New York
• H1B sponsorship: Yes (for local candidates only)
• Relocation Assistance: No
• Job Type: Full-Time, with flexible schedule
• Report to: Head of Enterprise Architect
• Compensation: competitive salary + big bonus, base on experience
• Bilingual Requirement: No, only English is required
• Travel Requirement: No
• Verification of credentials and employment history: Yes
A global financial firm is hiring a Network Architect to join their Global Technology Infrastructure organization. This global team provides engineering and operational support for corporate as well as external client networks. The supported technologies are IP routing/switching, firewall security, WAN optimization and load balancing. Sponsor H1B for local candidates only.
This is a senior subject matter expert (SME) position in the global networking team, working mainly on projects in various network technology areas. Projects can range from solution engineering of new technologies, to developing standards based on industry trends and best practice, to optimization of current infrastructure configuration for operational efficiency. Both lead and participate in group projects with global as well as regional team members through the design, implementation and support phases. Act as senior escalation point of operational issues, and be able to cross functional lines in troubleshooting complex problems.
• Advance understanding of Cisco routing and Switching, Checkpoint and Cisco firewalls, Security, Riverbed, F5 and QoS
• Working experience with emerging network technologies is a plus, for example SDN, converged infrastructure
• Lead and participate in group projects with demonstrated ability to project manage, and provide technical recommendation
• Demonstrated experience with automation and configuration management application suites
• Ability to provide operational support as escalation point in areas of expertise
• Participation in solution development and implementation in accordance with change management process
• Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery, creating preventative measures to deploy in the enterprise
• Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network configuration, network diagrams and processes.
• Must possess ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and escalate issues affectively.
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills as well as strong customer service skills. A hands on approach and willingness to work out of hours is essential.
• 10+ years experience in a global financial environment
• Programming skills is a plus
- Please read the job description and follow the instructions on How to Apply for a Job first;
- Then email your resume with requested info to: MichelleYouBiz@gmail.com.