• Job Title: Principle Reliability Engineer (Optical Communication/Electronic Engineering)
• Job Industry: Optical Networking (high-speed optical design and photonic integration)
• Job Location: Great Boston Area
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Compensation: competitive package including bonus, benefits & stock options
• The exact title is subject to change to better suit candidate's background & seniority.
• Also hiring: Senior Reliability & Quality Engineer
• Prefer candidates who have worked as Reliability Engineer (optic or electronics), Quality Engineer, or Optical Engineer
A fast growing start-up with leading technology and a world class innovative team is hiring. We're looking for Principle Engineer in Great Boston Area with 10+ years of hands-on experience in quality and reliability engineering for optical communications components and systems.
• The Reliability Quality Engineer is responsible for the planning and execution of the reliability qualification of all our module products. He/she shall be involved in product design review, design verification testing and failure analysis.
• The Reliability Engineer shall closely work with Engineering and Manufacturing in component/vendor selection and qualification, focusing mainly on the components’ reliability and vendor manufacturing process audit. He/she will lead the failure analysis and work with the component vendors on the necessary preventive actions.
• The Reliability Engineer shall support customer audits and address quality and reliability related concerns from our customers.
• The Quality and Reliability Engineer will also contribute to the company’s quality management system and participate in getting ISO 9001 certification to maintain the high quality standard.
• MS in Optical/Electronic Engineering, Physics or Material science
• 10+ years of experience in quality and reliability engineering for optical communications components and systems
i. Accelerated life time testing including HTOL, damp heat, thermal cycling and vibration
ii. Failure analysis
iii. Supplier audits
iv. Materials experience & expertise including fiber optics and photonic components, adhesives, ceramics, fibers, metals, fatigue
v. Process experience & expertise including photonic and electronic packaging, bonding, welding, evaporation, corrosion control
• Hands-on experience with optical transport systems, high speed ASICs, PCBA's, mechanical assemblies, and optical component design desirable
• Great communication skills across originations, and with vendors and customers
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Principle Reliability Engineer (Optical Communication/Electronic Engineering )
Labels: *New Jobs, customer, electronics, fiber optics, Hardware Jobs, Hi-Tech Jobs, high speed optical transport, Jobs in USA, Manufacturing, material science, Materials, Mid-Senior Level, Optical Communication, Optical component, Optical system, Other Engineering Jobs, Quality, Reliability, telecommunications, vendor